Popular English Pick-up Lines
Pick-up lines are great. Even when they are terrible, they're great. The cheesier the better. And they work. (Men, take note!)
There is something so sweetly desperate about a man who sidles up to you in a bar and whispers, "Heaven must be missing an angel". Then of course there is the old classic,"Do you have the time?" I don't like this one for a couple of reasons: 1) it's boring 2) it is not clear what he wants. Maybe he really needs to know the time. This pick-up line can be very successful if the man in question prominently displays his watch-adorned wrist before asking the question.
There are, of course, hundreds of pick-up lines -- some of them even clever. Below is a small selection of some that I know have had success:
1. I'm not drunk, I'm just intoxicated by you.
2. I was so enchanted by your beauty that I ran into that wall over there. So I am going to need your name and number for insurance purposes.
3. Sorry, but you owe me a drink. [Why?] Because when I looked at you, I dropped mine.
4. You're so beautiful that you made me forget my pickup line.
5. I was wondering if you had an extra heart. Mine seems to have been stolen.
6. There is something wrong with my cell phone. It doesn't have your number in it.
7. I bet you $20 you're going to turn me down.
Now, once you've finished groaning and rolling your eyes, you must agree with me - it's like a child making a disaster of breakfast in bed for mom - you know what he's trying to do and bless him for making you smile.
I think if we women were honest with ourselves, we'd admit that we love it. It's positive attention. This man thinks I am worth making a fool of himself for.
All a pick-up line really is, is a way of striking up conversation. That said, some old classics still have the greatest success. So never neglect the pick-up line that has survived decades and ensures she'll give you at least a second look:"Can I buy you a drink?"
For many more, see www.pickuplinesgalore.com